Metrology + Testing
Opto Alignment Technology is proud to offer lens characterization services for both IR and visible lens assemblies. Lens de-center and tilt can be measured optically using the Laser Alignment Station™ and supplied in report or spreadsheet form. Air gaps and center thickness measurements can be performed on lenses transmitting at 1.31µm using a Fogale LenScan™ fiber optic interferometer integrated with the LAS™. These services are typically utilized for design validation, active or passive alignment, and quality assurance inspections on prototype lens assemblies.
Additional Metrology offered by Opto Alignment Technology:
Optical surface accuracy and lens performance qualification:
- Zygo® and Phase Shift interferometers to measure surface figure errors and transmitted wavefront errors, along with a comprehensive range of transmission spheres and transmission flats when testing spherical and aspheric surfaces or optical systems
- Optikos™ MTF test bench configurable for finite or infinite conjugates, and on/off-axis testing from the near-UV to near-IR.
Dimensional and optical cosmetic qualification:
- Laser interferometric height gauge for dimensional measurements, including lens center thickness and assembly airspace measurements to an accuracy of ±0.5 micron.
- Laser Alignment Station™ to measure decentration and wedge of individual components.
- MIL Spec compatible Scratch-Dig Standards
- In addition to the above equipment, Opto Alignment Technology has designed and developed a wide range of custom, NIST-traceable test equipment and methods to meet customers’ unique requirements.