Position: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Opto Alignment Technology, Inc. (OATI) is seeking a talented, enthusiastic, and creative mechanical design engineer to join our small but rapidly growing business. OATI is highly recognized as a quality developer and supplier of state-of-the-art laser-based systems for precision optics alignment, assembly, and inspection. The successful candidate will work with OATI mechanical, systems, electrical and optical engineers to develop CAD solid models and detailed drawings in support of the design of precision, electro-optomechanical devices and mechanisms. OATI maintains a “hands-on” work environment in which the candidate may contribute to the creation of assembly work instructions and documentation as well as inspection, prototyping and characterization of prototype systems.
- Minimum 10 years of experience supporting mechanical design of high-precision mechanical and electro-optomechanical parts and assemblies
- Demonstrated expertise with SolidWorks mechanical design and simulation software
- Proficiency with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Good communication skills, team player, and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or associated technical field, with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience is preferred
- Experience in design of optical/imaging systems and precision mechanisms
- Good understanding of optics and micro/nano-actuators
- Hands-on knowledge of automated parts handling and robotics
- Basic machining skills for operation of standard shop equipment
OATI is located in Indian Trail, North Carolina. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment.